The PortServer TS MEI Hardened serial server is designed for serial port expansion where environmental hazards demand extended safety features and operating tolerances. Extended operating temperature (-35° C to +74° C), conformal coated circuit board, NEMA TS 2 and Class 1 Div 2 certifications make these rugged serial servers ideal for use in outdoor applications. Digi’s patented RealPort® COM port redirector creates a local COM or TTY port on the host computer, allowing existing software applications to work without modification.
The PortServer TS H MEI rugged serial server is designed for serial-to Ethernet connectivity in utility plants, pipelines, traffic management facilities and other remote locations requiring extended operating temperatures. Designed to meet NEMA TS 2 and other unique requirements in traffic management installations, the PortServer TS Hcc MEI model is ideal for network-enabling and remotely managing variable message signs, loop detectors, ramp meters or any RS-232/422/485 serial device.
Specialized features include conformal coated PCA for moisture and corrosion protection, screw terminal power connector for durable and reliable power feed, and extended operating temperature tolerance.
Benefits of Port Server TS MEI Rugged Serial Server :
- 1, 2 or 4 RS-232/422/485 switch-selectable serial ports
- Robust, hardened model with extended temperature tolerance (-35° C to +74° C)
- Monitoring and diagnostic utility.
- Data security via SSHv2 and SSL/TLS.
- Modem emulation – Monitoring and diagnostic utility.
- Easy configuration through web interface (HTTP/HTTPS).
- Tunable for low latency or optimized for throughput
- Locking barrel power connector