The HOBO Water Level data logger features high accuracy at a great price and ease-of-use, with no cumbersome vent tubes or desiccants to maintain. This data logger is ideal for recording water levels and temperatures in shallow wells, streams, lakes and freshwater wetlands.
- Lightning protection – no long signal wires, and electronics are shielded in a stainless steel housing for use in freshwater (see the Water Level logger sensor location drawing)
- HOBOware Pro software provides easy conversion to accurate water level reading, fully compensated for barometric pressure (see demo) temperature, and water density.
- Multiple-rate sampling (see demo) allows faster sampling at critical times such as when pumping starts or stops.
- Available in 4 depth ranges
- Ideal for use in wells, streams, lakes, wetlands and tidal areas
- No-vent-tube design for easy reliable deployment
- Available in stainless and titanium versions
- Durable ceramic pressure sensor
The U20-001-02 and U20-001-02-TI Data Logger is for use in Outdoor and Underwater environments
The U20-001-02 and U20-001-02-TI Data Logger support the following measurements :
- Temperature, Barometric Pressure, Water Level
Operation range: 0 to 400 kPa (0 to 58 psia); approximately 0 to 30.6 m (0 to 100 ft) of water depth at sea level, or 0 to 33.6 m (0 to 111 ft) of water at 3,000 m (10,000 ft) of altitude
Factory calibrated range: 69 to 400 kPa (10 to 58 psia), 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
Burst pressure: 500 kPa (72.5 psia) or 40.8 m (134 ft) depth
Water level accuracy*: Typical error – 0.05% FS, 1.5 cm (0.05 ft) water
Maximum error: – 0.1% FS, 3 cm (0.1 ft) water
Raw pressure accuracy**: 0.3% FS, 1.20 kPa (0.17 psi) maximum error
Resolution: < 0.04 kPa (0.006 psi), 0.41 cm (0.013 ft) water
Pressure response time 90%: < 1 second
Thermal response time (90%)†: Approximately 10 minutes in water to achieve full temperature compensation of the pressure sensor
* With accurate reference water level measurement and Barometric Compensation Assistant data
** Absolute pressure sensor accuracy includes all pressure drift, temperature, and hysteresis-induced errors
† Maximum error due to rapid thermal changes is approximately 0.5%.
Accuracy Resolution PlotOperation range: -20° to 50°C (-4° to 122°F)
Accuracy: 0.37°C at 20°C (0.67°F at 68°F), see Plot A
Resolution: 0.1°C at 20°C (0.18°F at 68°F) (10-bit), see Plot A
Response time (90%): 3.5 minutes in water (typical)
Stability (drift): 0.1°C (0.18°F) per year
Real-time clock: ± 1 minute per month 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)
Battery: 2/3 AA, 3.6 Volt Lithium, factory-replaceable
Battery life (typical use): 5 years with 1 minute or greater logging interval
Memory (non-volatile): 64K bytes memory (approx. 21,700 pressure and temperature samples)
Dimensions: 2.46 cm (0.97 inches) diameter, 15 cm (5.9 inches) length; mounting hole 6.3 mm (0.25 inches) diameter
Weight: Approximately 210 g (7.4 oz)
Wetted materials: 316 stainless steel (for use in freshwater), Viton® o-rings, acetyl cap, ceramic sensor
Shock/drop: The logger is sensitive to shocks. Handle with care and avoid any impact. Always use proper packaging when shipping the logger.
Logging interval: Fixed-rate or multiple logging intervals, with up to 8 user-defined logging intervals and durations; logging intervals from 1 second to 18 hours. Refer to HOBOware software manual.
Launch modes: Immediate start and delayed start
Offload modes: Offload while logging; stop and offload
Battery indication: Battery voltage can be viewed on the status screen and optionally logged in the datafile. Low battery indication in datafile.