The Digi TX64 5G Router is a secure, industrial PC and router in one, 5G Ready platform. It supports a wide variety of data communications needs all at industry-leading speeds. Ideal for challenging transportation and mobile environments, Digi TX64 5G router is a 5G and LTE-Advanced Pro cellular router with true enterprise class routing, security, firewall and integrated VPN. It offers a flexible interface design with an integrated Wi-Fi access point, USB, serial and 4-port Ethernet switch, as well as a variety of configuration options including GNSS and Bluetooth®.
With its quad-core 1.9 GHz (64 bit) processor, the TX64 5G Router is prepared to handle many critical data-intensive applications at once, paving the way to reduce communications equipment and maintenance overhead for transit agencies.
Internet access for riders is managed securely and without impact to onboard bus systems. Triple carrier aggregation on each cellular interface can be combined to deliver up to 1.2 Gbps to passengers. Onboard systems retain priority and any remaining bandwidth is made available to Internet traffic. A captive portal and splash page enable term acceptance, targeted messaging and agency branding. Standard HTTP/DNS redirect can be used to block malware and unwanted content through popular third-party service providers or an agency server.
Reliable power circuitry supports 9-36 VDC input with ignition sense for direct integration into the vehicle’s power source. Dual cellular and dual Wi-Fi modules provide true segmented traffic flow of private and public data for fare collection, CAD/AVL data, camera log backhaul and passenger Wi-Fi access.
Additional Features of Digi TX 64 5G Router :
- Multicast: Enables one cellular router to communicate with many devices with the same IP scheme.
- Multiple routing protocols: The new OS includes several supported protocols for differing needs, including OSPF.
- Dual APN (split tunnel): Enables concurrent public APN (for passenger Wi-Fi) and private APN (for system communications).
- DNS Update. Enables update of a DNS server when a bus or railcar reaches the depot, marrying the Wi-Fi interface IP address (which changes at every depot) to the hostname of the router.
- Digi SureLink™: Digi’s link integrity monitoring solution is designed to maintain an “always-on” connection that mitigates drops. It includes a programmable inactivity timer and pro-active link integrity monitoring. Read more about Digi SureLink.
- Digi Remote Manager®: Digi Remote Manager is a secure hosted solution for monitoring and managing all deployed devices, including automated security remediation and notifications, mass firmware updates and out-of-band management.
- Long term support: Digi equipment is designed for longevity, and over 30 years of reliability stories concur. Digi is committed to the centralised software platform built into the TX router line and future cellular products with a standard user experience. Additionally, LTE (“long term evolution”) networks have a very long expected lifespan, and LTE products will share the same networks as 5G, offering a seamless migration path.